There is still time to freshen up your decor in time for those seasonal celebrations.
Keep reading for some of our suggestions on achieving an inviting and revitalised home this winter.
- Mix and match your dining chairs. Contrasting prints will create an eclectic, playful feel for a fresh take on festive dining.
- Update old door knobs and hardware; it is one of the easiest ways to update the look of furniture. And you can have fun with it; mix and match or go for all out glamour with vintage style glass knobs.
- Update the look of your sofa with new covers. Choose seasonal fabrics like soft chenille or wool for winter snuggling.
- Put out something sweet. Place a bowl full of colourful candles on your coffee table and watch people’s faces light up as they enter the room.
- Cosy up a space by choosing scatters in sumptuous textures of velvet and wool. You could also add a tactile throw for added luxury.
- Place your living room furniture slightly away from the walls and it will help create a more intimate feel.
- Why not completely change the colour of a room or add a feature wall. Painting is cheap and easy, meaning it’s something that could easily be accomplished before the party season starts.
- Throw down a rug and hide any worn flooring or threadbare patches on your carpet. It will help to create a welcoming, cosy environment.
- Hang a mirror opposite a window. The reflection will create the illusion of having more windows and natural light.
- Add warmth with light; itcan really cosy up a space. Avoid harsh lighting and instead, favour warm glows created by lights and candles.