Personal and homemade touches are what make Christmas that little bit more special. Why not create a 12 days countdown that you can display every year and involve all the family.
This is how you can make our 12 Days of Christmas countdown. You'll need the following:
- 12 swatches for pockets
- 6 swatches for numbers
- Larger background fabric
- Needle/sewing machine
- Glitter glue, any crafty and sparkly touches you would like!
- Backing board
- Treats/decorations to go inside pockets
How to make:
- Firstly decide what order you would like to arrange your swatches, we have used fabrics such as ‘Cossette Russett’, ‘Versailles Leaf’ and ‘Paris Silver’.
- Then, use the other swatches to cut out your numbers (1 to 12) and pin those to your pocket swatches. Use a needle or sewing machine to stitch the numbers on.
- Once you have the numbers on the pocket swatches, arrange your squares and pin them to our chosen backing fabric (we are using ‘Acer Red’). Then stitch them to your backing fabric.
- At this point, it’s your chance to be creative! Add some sparkle with some glitter glue, beads, sequins, pom poms, bells… it’s up to you!
- Once you’ve decorated to your heart’s content, staple the calendar to the backing board and… ta-daaa!
- All you need to do now is fill your pockets with goodies. You could use the ’12 Days of Christmas’ song for inspiration, obviously chocolate is always a good option, tree ornaments or perhaps little toys. It’s your Christmas, choose treats that will make you and the family happy.
Let us know how you fill your home with special touches and homemade goodies. Get in touch on Facebook (facebook.com/Multiyork) or Twitter (@Multiyork).