Terms & Conditions of Sale
Thank you for taking the time to read our Terms and Conditions of sale. It’s a good idea to print off your own copy for future reference.
You’ll know your order has been accepted when we confirm we’ve received it. Before confirming your order we’ll check first to make sure your product is available.
If for any reason the product you order is unavailable or if your payment doesn’t go through (isn’t authorised) we may have to cancel your order.
At the point of order we will advise you of an approximate delivery date. This is an approximation and on rare occasions the manufacture or supply of your order may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. We will, of course make every effort to keep you informed.
We go to great lengths to make sure all the elements we use to create your furniture are of the highest quality. We’re confident in the quality of our craftsmanship and we guarantee it for up to 15 years.
All our guarantees start from the date of delivery and offer cover against manufacturing defects on the frame and spring construction.
- All Multiyork sofas, chairs and upholstered furniture that we manufacture in our Norfolk factory come with a 15 year guarantee
- Our “Elements” range of upholstered furniture comes with a 10 year guarantee
- Upholstered furniture sourced from our partners comes with a 5 year guarantee as does our fabric and leather protector.
We also cover our furniture for a 2 year period against any defects which may arise, under normal domestic use through faulty factory workmanship including Mattresses, sofabed and recliner mechanisms.
- All cabinet furniture comes with a 2 year guarantee
Please note, you can’t transfer our guarantees and warranties to someone else or to another piece of furniture and they only apply if you’re living in the UK. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
Reassurance about your fire safety
All our upholstery with replaceable covers is covered in a Schedule Three Interliner to make sure that it complies with fire safety regulations (“Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988” as amended in 1989 and 1993).
All our upholstery with fixed covers is either inherently fire retardant, or is treated with a Fire Retardant back-coat, or is covered in a Schedule Three Interliner to make sure that it complies with fire safety regulations.
All leather products are naturally fire retardant.
Guidance on furniture sizes
All furniture sizes given in our brochures and on our website are an approximate guide to the final size of each product.
We always try hard to give you the exact size and design specifications you ordered but if for any reason this isn’t possible we’ll let you know about any changes as soon as possible. If the alterations we make fundamentally change the piece of furniture you ordered you can cancel your order and we’ll refund your deposit.
Our pricing policy
Any price we quote before you purchase is provisional and may increase in the time between you receiving the quote and placing you order. Once you’ve placed your order the price remains fixed.
- Web and Express delivery orders require full payment at the time of order, all other orders require a minimum 30% deposit (the only exception to this is when we run a reduced deposit promotion)
- Then we’ll ask for the outstanding balance to be paid before we deliver (unless you’re using Multiyork credit facilities to pay the balance)
- If you’re paying by cheque, cash or credit card we’ll remind you to pay your outstanding balance once your goods are ready for delivery
- We won’t deliver your goods if you haven’t paid for them in full
- If you haven’t paid for your goods we may cancel your prearranged delivery date without notice
- If you’re paying using Multiyork credit facilities, we’ll write to you to let you know the date the first instalment is due – which will be in the same week of delivery or up to 4 weeks after delivery
- For all methods of payment, with the exception of Multiyork credit facilities, once payment of the order has been received in full by us ownership of the product passes to you, the customer. However we remain responsible for the product until delivery. Ownership of product taken on Multiyork credit facilities passes to you the customer on receipt of payment from the relevant finance company following delivery
Delivery Options >>
Our changes and cancellation policy
All in Store Purchases
These terms apply to all purchases made in Store.
With our exclusive made to order service you select the size, fillings, fabric, legs and cushions you want and then we hand-make your sofa to your exact specifications.
Please make sure you check all the details on the order are correct before you place your order as we are sorry it’s not possible to make changes to your order once you have placed it.
If you’re not happy with the manufacturing quality of your furniture when it’s delivered, we will either repair the furniture to your satisfaction, replace it or refund the full price.
If you want a replacement or a refund you have to return the faulty furniture. We’ll arrange to have it picked up from you, at our expense.
You are entitled to cancel your order if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day you receive the goods.
Your right to return goods does not apply to product made to your specification i.e. a Multiyork made to order product.
If you’re not happy with the manufacturing quality of your purchase when it arrives please get in touch with our Customer Service Representatives straight away and they’ll help get you a replacement or a refund.
You may contact our Customer Services Representatives in writing, by email or call us on 01842 764761.
Limitation of Liability
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and by purchasing from Multiyork we (you the customer and Multiyork) are agreeing to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
Except for death or personal injury caused by Multiyork's negligent acts or omissions, we’ll only be liable for any loss or damage that we could have predicted, if we have broken this agreement
Nothing mentioned in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights in the unlikely event that our goods don’t meet a standard requirement by law.