Thank you for taking the time to read our Terms and Conditions of sale. They apply to all of our furniture whether you buy it in store or from our website. It’s a good idea to print off your own copy for future reference.
You’ll know your order has been accepted when we confirm we’ve received it. Before confirming your order we’ll check first to make sure your product is available.
If for any reason the product you order is unavailable or if your payment doesn’t go through (isn’t authorised) we may have to cancel your order.
Taking care of your Multiyork furniture – things to think about
Keeping your colours bright and perfectly matched
We, and our fabric suppliers, only use the best quality dyes for our fabrics and leathers. But the sun will fade even the best dyed fabrics over time so it’s best to keep them out of direct sunlight.
All batches of dye vary slightly so if you order a matching piece of furniture at a later date, we can’t guarantee the fabrics will be perfectly colour matched.
Washing and Dry Cleaning your fabric covers
· Only a selection of our fabrics are suitable for machine washing. Please check the label or ask in store if you’re not sure whether you chose machine washable covers
· All other fabrics should be dry cleaned by a reputable cleaning company
· Whether you’re machine washing or dry cleaning your covers please make sure you follow the instructions on the product care label
· All fabrics will age gently and gracefully with use and after washing or dry cleaning
Keeping your cushions plump
Over time you’ll notice that your cushions lose a little plumpness. That’s normal and happens as the feather or fibre interiors settle down through use. To keep your cushions lovely and plump, you need to plump them up regularly (especially with feather-filled cushions) and turn and swap around any movable cushions to even out the wear on your favourite sitting spots.
We go to great lengths to make sure all the elements we use to create your furniture are of the highest quality. We’re confident in the quality of our craftsmanship and we guarantee it for up to 15 years.
All our guarantees start from the date of delivery and offer cover against manufacturing defects on the frame and spring construction.
· All Multiyork sofas, chairs and upholstered furniture that we manufacture in our Norfolk factory come with a 15 year guarantee
· Our “Elements” range of upholstered furniture comes with a 10 year guarantee
· Upholstered furniture sourced from our partners comes with a 5 year guarantee as does our fabric and leather protector.
We also cover our furniture for a 2 year period against any defects which may arise, under normal domestic use through faulty factory workmanship including Mattresses, sofa bed and recliner mechanisms.
· All cabinet furniture comes with a 2 year guarantee
Please note, you can’t transfer our guarantees and warranties to someone else or to another piece of furniture and they only apply if you’re living in the UK. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
Reassurance about your fire safety
All our upholstery with replaceable covers is covered in a Schedule Three Interliner to make sure that it complies with fire safety regulations (“Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988” as amended in 1989 and 1993).
All our upholstery with fixed covers is either inherently fire retardant or is treated with a Fire Retardant back-coat to comply with fire safety regulations.
All leather products are naturally fire retardant.
Guidance on furniture sizes
All furniture sizes given in our brochures and on our website are an approximate guide to the final size of each product.
We always try hard to give you the exact size and design specifications you ordered but if for any reason this isn’t possible we’ll let you know about any changes as soon as possible. If the alterations we make fundamentally change the piece of furniture you ordered you can cancel your order and we’ll refund your deposit.
Our pricing policy
Any price we quote before you purchase is provisional and may increase in the time between you receiving the quote and placing you order. Once you’ve placed your order the price remains fixed.
Retail prices charged between 5th-9th August 2013
Retail prices for the Hilton, Cavendish, Burton, Bowden ranges and the Truro Tub chair were charged betweeen 29th July- 9th August 2013
· Web and Express delivery orders require full payment at the time of order, all other orders require a minimum 25% deposit (the only exception to this is when we run a reduced deposit promotion)
· Then we’ll ask for the outstanding balance to be paid before we deliver (unless you’re using Multiyork credit facilities to pay the balance)
· If you’re paying by cheque, cash or credit card we’ll remind you to pay your outstanding balance once your goods are ready for delivery
· We won’t deliver your goods if you haven’t paid for them in full
· If you haven’t paid for your goods we may cancel your prearranged delivery date without notice
· If you’re paying using Multiyork credit facilities, we’ll write to you to let you know the date the first instalment is due – which will be in the same week of delivery or up to 4 weeks after delivery
Our cancellation and amendment policy
All in Store Purchases and Web Made to Order Purchases
These terms apply to all purchases made in Store and Made to Order product ordered on our website.
With our exclusive made to order service you select the size, fillings, fabric, legs and cushions you want and then we hand-make your sofa to your exact specifications.
Please make sure you check all the details on the order are correct before you place your order, as we aren’t responsible for any customer errors made on the order.
If you cancel your order or change the specifications after we’ve accepted your order, we’ll ask you to pay any costs we’ve incurred by acting on your original instructions.
If you’re not happy with the quality of your furniture when it’s delivered, you have three options. Firstly, we can repair the furniture for you. Secondly, we can replace it or thirdly, we can refund the full price of the furniture.
If you want a replacement or a refund you have to return the faulty furniture. We’ll arrange to have it picked up from you, at our expense
If you’ve ordered a Made to Order product on our website, please have a look at the Made to Order terms above.
Cancelling an order
With all other (non Made to Order) website purchases you can cancel your order at any time before you receive delivery by contacting our Customer Service Representatives. If we’ve already sent out your purchase when you contact us we’ll arrange for it to be collected from you after delivery.
If you’re not happy with the quality of your purchase when it arrives please get in touch with our Customer Service Representatives straight away and they’ll help get you a replacement or a refund.
Refunds and Returns
We hope you’ll love your Multiyork purchase when it arrives, but if you don’t or you’ve changed your mind about it, you can return it to us and get a full refund.
For a full refund just contact our Customer Service Representatives and drop us a line in writing (emails are fine) within 7 days of receiving your purchase.
We’ll arrange collection from your home (usually within 28 days) and give you a full refund. When returning goods please return them unused and in the same condition as you received them.
If you’ve got any questions about refunds please contact our Customer Service Representatives by email or call us on 01842 764761 Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Limitation of Liability
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and by purchasing from Multiyork we (you the customer and Multiyork) are agreeing to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
Except for death or personal injury caused by Multiyork's negligent acts or omissions, we’ll only be liable for any loss or damage that we could have predicted, if we have broken this agreement
Nothing mentioned in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights in the unlikely event that our goods don’t meet a standard requirement by law.